Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We need our Daily Bread!

I wonder how often Christians go to church & leave feeling encouraged/strengthened after having been fed the Word; then go out into the sea of people, resuming their daily routines & soon find themselves scared & discouraged? These days, most of us live paycheck to paycheck, worrying about having enough money to pay bills, etc. How quickly we forget about the power that Jesus has to meet our every need.

Oh Christians, if you're serious about your salvation walk, worry that you don't have enough Jesus in you to make it into heaven! Even though I'm a Pastor, I know I need more of Him; I can never have enough of the Holy Spirit; and definitely I know I'm not strong enough to make it without a daily renewal & refilling of God's Word.

But there are some Christians who've been running on "empty" for so long, they've forgotten what it's like to be filled with the power & Spirit of God. They've stopped looking for spiritual food because they've forgotten about God & have gone back to fulfilling the desires of the flesh. Bros/Sis I don't care how much of the Bible you think you know, don't let your gauge run low...you still need to feed daily upon God's Word! After all, we don't forget to feed our bodies or else we'll starve to death, yet many Christians neglect to feed the Spirit within that's starving!

Yes, life is a daily struggle so don't be overly concerned about tomorrow & what it holds for you. My advice to you is whenever you feel empty, go to the Word (Jesus); whenever you feel discouraged, go to the Word (Jesus); and whenever there are no answers in sight, look to the Word (Jesus)!
Jesus is the Bread of Life and we all need to feed upon Him each & every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment