Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Are You a Faultfinder?

Have you ever heard of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or Gamblers Anonymous? Well there's another club of the same order and I'm calling it Faultfinders Anonymous. If I were to attend a club meeting I'd probably introduce myself in this manner: Hi, I'm Tim Hicks & I'm a faultfinder; there's really nothing wrong with me but if you think I have problems, no matter how bad I am, you're no better than me! Am I delusional or what? Talk about self-deception!

Faultfinders find fault with successful people because of their own insecurities. They're just jealous and think they'll feel better about themselves if they find flaws in others & put down their success. Is that you?

Faultfinders also operate like Racists. They look at their own failures but can't admit they messed up, so they find someone else to blame. That Black man got the job I should have had; oh they just hired that Hispanic girl just for show; Asians always stick together come hell or high water; Blondes always have more fun & manage to get the easy office assignments! I know you've heard people say these things, yet they seem to think it's alright to put people down!
Are you guilty?

The fact is that hurting people become faultfinders because they need somebody to fix them. Hurting people build up unrealistic expectations for their doctors, spouses, friends, even their pastors. And when these people don't have the magic answer to their problems, anxiety makes them turn on those who've tried to help them.

If you realize by now that you're a member of faultfinders anonymous, I want to point you to Jesus, who was the ultimate victim of hostility; Jesus, the one on whose shoulders all of humanity's sin & shame was poured; Jesus the one who still loves us unconditionally! So if you're hurting today, seeking answers to your problems or wondering if you're going to make it through your present situation...take it to the Lord in prayer.
For in Him we can find no fault & in Him there is no failure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment