Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Clean up your Temple"

Everyone knows the importance of removing the trash from our homes, especially from the kitchen area. Why? Because if we keep it inside the house too long, it begins to stink! After all, we don't want to live in a dwelling that's not clean. Well my Bros/Sis, God says that we are the temple where He chooses to dwell but in order to do so we need to open the doors of our temple & take out the trash!



Many people today have closed the doors of their temple where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is concerned and have become like old cellars that's closed up from the light, i.e., they've become cold, dark beings with ugly things crawling around in their hearts & minds. The Good News that I want to share with you today is that by opening the doors of your temple (your ears & eyes) and allowing the truth of God's Word to enter in, Its disinfecting power is so strong that Clorox & Oxyclean can't touch it!



It's time that you clean up your temple by taking out the trash including fear, loneliness, grief & disappointment (believe it or not, these keep us from maintaining a right relationship with God as much as the "sinful" things we do!). If you've allowed the cares of this world to get you down just say Lord, in Jesus' name, please take despair, hopelessness, bitterness & depression out of my temple. And God will give you a clean heart, renew a right spirit in you & restore the joy of you salvation!



So, what are you waiting for? Today is trash day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Tim,
    I have received this WORD! I am cleaning my temple. I am in total agreement. In order for me to excel at the calling that God has entrusted in me, I have to throw away some trash that I have been storing too long. I am so glad that you have this blog.

    ReplyDelete