Monday, August 2, 2010

Give God Your Praise

God wants our sincere heartfelt worship and praise is our main method of worship & acknowledgement of God's presence in our lives. As we continually offer our praise to Him, there are benefits we'll receive from God:
1. Praise causes us to focus on God. We express our gratitude to Him for the good things that happens to us; "Every good & perfect gift comes from God..." (James 1:17). Although God loves it when we acknowledge all the good things He's given us, He likes it even more when we tell somebody (that's praise)!
2. Praise increases our understanding of God. II Corinthians 9:8 says, "God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that inevery way, always having everything you need, you may excel in every good work". I've learned that if we praise God for what He has done for us, we'll begin to understand that He is able. And, when we praise God for what He will do for us, we'll understand that He can bless us abundantly above all that He says He will do. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
3. Praise builds our confidence in God. Moses expressed confidence in God because he'd already seen what God was capable of. God was able to release the chosen people from the bonds of slavery...and He did! I'm just as confident as Moses when I tell you that I know God is able. I know God has turned circumstances & situations upside down...just for me! He has opened doors for me that I thought were shut! He has made a way for me to earn an advanced degree with no visible means of my being able to pay tuition at the time; and I could go on & on about His works on my behalf. But I must share one last thing before I quit. Some of you might remember the "death flight" from Atlanta to Miami in the late 1990's when the plane crashed into the Everglades, killing all on board. Well, I was scheduled to board that flight in Atlanta but for reasons puzzling to me at the time, I was unable to get through the terminal & was extremely upset as I watched my flight depart while I stood in line! Imagine how thankful I was the next day when I found out what happened. That made me realize that God is able & will protect us from ourselves, even when we're determined to do that which He knows would be detrimental to us. Thank God for His grace & mercy!
God is the joy & the strength of my life
He promised to keep me, never to leave me
to never, never fall short of His Word
God is my all and all & I'll continue to Praise Him!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment