Monday, August 23, 2010

Are You Ready for Change?

I know it's been more than a week since I last posted a blog, but during that time I was inundated with activities celebrating my church anniversary and my 34th wedding anniversary to my beautiful wife, Queen. As the dust cleared from all the frenzied activities and I'm now able to gather my thoughts, I've decided that since I've just celebrated my 60th birthday, I need to make some necessary changes to experience an even better life during my latter years than I've seen in my younger years. My last child is entering his senior year in college; the other 3 have finished school and have lucrative careers, so now I can concentrate on the well-being of my church and my wife (not necessarily in that order).

Whenever the word change is mentioned, it usually causes people to become anxious & worry. God knows this, that's why He has so many Bible stories where His people struggle with change in their lives. We can learn at least two things from those stories:

  • Christians must not be afraid of change. Our God is a God of change, yet He changes not! In Revelation 21:5 He declares, "Behold, I make all things new". When you stop & think about it, God does all kinds of new things in our lives everyday. If you're a born again Christian, you supposedly died to your past as you were buried in the Baptismal water. You then arose supposedly a "changed" person...a new creature in Christ! But some Christians didn't die to their past and so the enemy continues to deceive and control them through their thoughts!

Are you in that number?

  • Christians must reach out beyond their comfort zones. God wants us to be challenged by doing those things which are initially uncomfortable to do. And since He is a God of change, He can do great things when we allow Him the freedom to change our lives.

Lord, I'm poised and postured for change in my life. My only question is...."What are you going to do next?" Whatever it is...I'm Ready!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment