Saturday, July 9, 2011

"A Call to Arms"

First, let me apologize to my followers for taking time off from my blogspot, but now that I'm back I hope to continue posting new blogs each week. Although I'm sure the contents of this blog will speak to a myriad of readers, I specifically posted it to address a situation that I and my colleagues have been dealing with for the past five months. It is my prayer that by reading this message, they will be refreshed in the Lord!
Christians all realize that there's a war going on and that we've been enlisted to serve on the front lines. I want to remind you that while you're on the battlefield for the Lord, trouble is going to come your way. And when it does, "consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing" (James 1:2-4).
The enemy may have an arsenal of weapons; he may have tried to keep you suppressed, depressed, compressed, & distressed, but be encouraged and know that "no weapon formed against you shall prosper". Sound off (Amen)! [real soldiers get my drift for the response]
If the enemy has you pinned down & it seems like there's trouble on every hand; you're in financial bondage; you're agonizing over your situation and feeling defeated, I'm reminding you today that "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds". And that God (our Commander-in-Chief) out-ranks any foe you'll ever encounter on the battlefield, and He can destroy any yoke. It might seem like the devil is winning the fight right now, but you just Hold On! I've already received word from headquarters that our Commander-in-Chief is going to make your enemy your footstool. Sound off (Amen)!
All soldiers are given a Regulations Manual upon reporting for active duty. Bros/Sis our Army Regulations Manual (basic instructions) are found in the Bible. Information is there to help us survive when we go into battle. So when you find yourself trapped in your foxhole, trapped in guilt, trapped by complacency, trapped by fear...read your Manual! When you don't know what to do or how to do it...read your Manual.
Take comfort in knowing that Jesus (our Commander-in-Chief) was once an enlisted soldier, therefore He knows exactly what we're going through. He sacrificed His life, yet gained victory over the cross at Calvary so that we, His soldiers, would have hope as we live and continue to fight. So trust in Him and ask Him to give you peace of mind in the midst of your battle.
And when the final battle trumpets sound; cease fire has been announced, we'll be able to say as Paul did, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith".
Sound off with a shout of victory......AMEN!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Mr. Hicks. Thanks for sharing this testimony! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete